Summertime is always busy here at school. The summer began with 1 week of Vacation Bible School, followed by 4 weeks of our recreation Summer Camp, and finally a week of STEM Camp. Literally hundreds of children were served by these programs.
A number of projects were begun during the summer.
- The lighting throughout the school was upgraded to LCDs. This project has been completed and is being funded by the savings in electricity costs. There is no cost to us.
- The Wi-Fi network was enhanced as well. Most classrooms have their own wireless access point. This upgrade will allow the many wireless devices in use at the school to get on the Internet at the same time.
- Out on the playground, work has begun to replace the sand around a second playground area with artificial turf. When completed, half of the playground will have been upgraded to artificial turf.
- Also on the playground, two sturdy picnic tables made of recycled plastic were delivered. One of these was a gift of the Class of 2016.
- A mobile STEM lab is currently being built for us. It will contain state of the art presentation tools, over 400 hands-on experiments, data loggers and probes, digital circuit kits, among other features. Once completed and delivered, it will be deployed in our Middle School to enhance our science program.
- The Chromebook deployment has been completed. Over one hundred sixty devices are in the hands of our students in grades 3 through 8.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please call the office or email email@example.com.
Mr. Paul P. Clagnaz